Privacy & Cookies Policy
Our Company is aware that the security of your privacy while using our web-site is an important issue for you. We take protection of your personal data very seriously. Therefore we would like to inform you about our data security measures.
What we collect
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information Automatically Collected. We could automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page and information about your use of and actions on our Site. In order to protect your privacy we take all reasonable measures today available on our web sites, more details provided on cookies sections here below.
Use of personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide our customer services. We means providing: lodging and surf courses offered by our company.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with other users only with your written consent. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies (1). Our company does not share personal data for marketing purposes with any other entity (companies or people).
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business, or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding (1).
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes (1).
- We may share information to comply with laws (1).
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes (1).
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person (1).
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us (1).
- We may also share only aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses (1).
(1) All those uses will be subject to the respective users privacy policies. Our Company if you will ask “to be forgotten” will do any reasonable effort to ask the erasing of your personal data.
Information choices and changes
- Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
- You may send requests about personal information to our Contact below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
- You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you. More detailed technical information about cookies are provided here below inside a technical general cookies info section.
Right of Access and Correction
You have the right to review and amend any personal data stored in our system if you believe it may be out of date or incorrect. Just send an email to our address given in the imprint and here below.
Right of Cancellation
You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data in the future (“right to be forgotten”). Again, just send an email to the address given in the imprint and here below.
We only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for us to render a service you have requested or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law.
Company applies technical and organizational security precautions to protect your data from manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons.
Cookies and Links
We are using specific cookies and we are providing links on our web site.
We offer links to third party websites, the contents of which are not within our control. Therefore, we cannot provide any guarantee for the content of these pages, which are the responsibility of the respective supplier or owner, and subject to the respective privacy policies. Example: in our “how to get us” web page you could find links to sairport web site, airlines, bus line companies, etc., all are subject to their respective privacy policies.
Privacy and data protection policy for Facebook & Instagram Links
Our website contains links web sites operated by the social network Facebook an Instagram. These systems are exclusively operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA (Facebook). The links are clearly visible on our website through the use of the Facebook and Instagram logos. The sole responsible for your data protection is Facebook: for more info visit his dedicated page: https://www.facebook.com/policies; and Instagram follow this link: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388.
Instagram feed plugin
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our web sites, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. We use this in order to improve the experience in visiting our web site.
In order to take care of your privacy, complying with new GDPR rules and local laws we disabled inside Google Analytics the functions related with re-marketing, and use of any data for its advertising network inside our analytics accounts and we anonymized your IP address before this will transmitted. In addition we set up an automatic time erasing of the data inside Google Analytics.
All others plugin installed are not useful or not set up in order to collect personal data.
Santa Cruz Surf Lodge LDA
Avenida fonte de Perreira Melo n°3, 11 exq.
1050 115 – Lisboa – Portugal